Monday, June 02, 2008

Being Rude

It's funny how hard it can be to keep doing what I really want to do.

I bought a great journal called "PASSION." And each page has the words "Passion Every Day." (http://www.compendiuminc.com/)

It's really helping me to focus every day on living my passion for God -- first by loving him. What I recognized yesterday during my devotional time is that I've been busy doing my Bible study preparation or working on my a slideshow for a Christian conference, but I had been ignoring God. The insight for me was in being reminded that the Lord is with me (it's funny how I know this, but at the same time, I don't!) The truth is, we live in his presence. So when I'm at my desk to spend time with the Lord, and instead I'm busy doing my Christian work and not focusing on my love for the Lord, he's with me...in my study with me...waiting for a conversation...and I'm ignoring him, acting as if he's not there. How rude is that!

I read a Puritan prayer yesterday:
"Impress me deeply with a sense of thine omnipresence, that thou art about my path, my ways, my lying down, my end." And I would add as I've been doing other things instead of spending time with the Lord, "Impress me deeply with a sense of thine omnipresence, that thou art about my desk, my office, my computer, my chair, my morning." (from The Valley of Vision, A collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions)

No comments: