Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Birthday Weekend

My birthday celebration began early -- Kevin bought me a new MP3 player to use in the pool. Pretty cool. I had been hoping to go to Monterey for my birthday, but the weather report was nothing but rain. But when Friday came, it was beautiful -- so Kevin and I headed for the coast.

We spent Friday afternoon walking from Monterey Aquarium down to Passion Fish restaurant and back. We have a leisurely dinner. Beer battered kalamata olives, butternut squash soup, Mahi Mahi...very delicious. We walked back and poked around on Cannery Row. Listened to a musician at the Plaza for a while. A wonderful evening. 

Saturday we got up and walked around the Hyatt's Golf Course (Del Monte) for several hours. We had breakfast at the Plaza -- a fabulous egg white omelet. There were ten otters hanging around out the window. Then we headed down to Big Sur.

No comments: